[blindkid] Audio Books for Libray time

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 15:38:40 UTC 2013

like i said there whole idea for llbrary time is to encourage literacy. He
can't get all that from listening.  :).   The teacher sounds like  you are
abusing him by making him read lol.      i tend to shy anyway from audio
for recreational books right now because she needs the practice.  I do let
her listening to NLS books when she is really sick because her sighted
brother would lay down watching TV.  I also don't think its bad to offer
audio books to all the kids but i assume the library would limit how often
they can take out audio books.

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM, Trudy Pickrel <tlpickrel at hotmail.com>wrote:

> I need to make a huge correction in my hast to send out I realize now I
> did not clearify that it is Audio book during Library time.
>
> He has his Text books in Braille.  But I still feel at most of you that
> Until College Preperation He needs every piece of reading in Braille as
> Other Kids.
>
> Last night when talking to Brandon about it he understood, and made a
> comment "so what if it takes me days to read a book. I will still enjoy
> it."  Again I realize he does not realize it takes others Kids days to read
> a chaper book.  My BAD.
>
> You all have helped me put together some very firm arguments.  Again it
> comes back to educating the "Professionals" about the joy of Braille
>
> The most frustrating part is that it was taken on with out my concent or
> involvement.
>

> Trudy L. Pickrel
> President
> Maryland Parents of Blind Children