[blindkid] Talking Typing Teacher by MarvelSoft

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Mon Sep 30 17:33:21 UTC 2013

I have bought some products from maxiaids before and had some issues. They did accept a return and issue a refund for what I requested in one case (the worst tactile chess set I have ever seen; holes drilled improperly, broken chess pieces when new and opened) and in another provide a replacement-- Ironically the replacement was for a crushed talking typing teacher disk, as it was horribly packaged by marvelsoft and then not packed beyond a shipping envelope from Maxiaids. I would give them a call-- Maxiaids may make this right, but just get a refund--

As to Talking Typing Teacher, my daughter loved this program, but I had HUGE issues dealing with Marvelsoft, and others on this list have mentioned similar concerns. They wasted many hours of my time.

In our case, the software (once I got a replacement disk) wouldn't work properly, so I called the "toll free support number", and someone there-- most likely the same man you spoke with, as this seems to be a VERY small operation, said they don't offer toll free support. I said I was reading this from their manual and it says to call this TOLL FREE SUPPORT NUMBER. Mind you, the disk and package saying this had ben sent to me direct from Marvelsoft only days before.

The man refused to help me on multiple calls, though he did give me a TOLL support number and then he hung up on me. (Literally, he hung up on me.) I was amazed at the rude behavior. I did call back the toll number a few minutes later. The same person answered. Though he refused to discuss the toll free issue, he ultimately got us working, but later, when there were more problems, he never got things working properly.

So yes, absolutely, buyer beware.