[blindkid] More than just blindness

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Wed Jul 9 14:01:48 UTC 2014

Bernie, you make me want to cry.  You have aptly worded the same feelings I
have.  Imagine the only time you feel like a "normal" parent is when your
kids are the only ones in the hotel pool and you and your husband are in the
hot tub watching them jump around and spin around and laugh with no one
there to ignore them or goo on the sympathy.  Everyone is afraid of your
child(ren) like they are monsters or something.
Barbara

Writing free verse is like playing tennis with the net down.--Robert Frost