[blindkid] Adopting children with visual impairments

Anita Adkins via blindkid blindkid at nfbnet.org
Sun Jun 1 22:47:45 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am currently hoping to adopt a blind child. In my situation, I am planning
to be a foster parent, but I do have a particular child in mind. If it works
out that I cannot adopt this specific child, I want to foster with the
intent of fostering kids withlow vision and blindness. I am blind as well.
With the current child, I am already attached to her and she to me, though
not in a mother/child relationship kind of attachment. But if it doesn't
work out, it will be even tougher since I will be meeting a child I do not
know. So I will be looking forward to what others say on the list about
attachment and so on. Have a great day. Anita