[blindkid] Art Room Activities at Convention

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Thu Jun 12 19:00:15 UTC 2014

This year at the NFB National Convention the Drop In Art Room will host a hands on workshop Thursday evening July 3rd, from 7PM until 8:30PM. We will meet in room W202A, Convention Center, level 2. This workshop is focused on making classroom information more accessible. We will introduce a new tool to use with an iPad and introduce new methods of working with the Sensational BlackBoard, a raised line drawing board. Most of these methods can be applied to other materials and tools you might already own. Materials, tools and directions will be provided. We will focus on the needs of parents and TVIs but everyone is welcome to join in this hands on discussion.

The Drop In Art Room is open for exploration on Wednesday and Thursday from 1PM to 5PM. All ages are welcome.  Come let your creativity express itself through sculpting and drawing. All materials are provided free. Stay as long as you like.

Art Exhibit from 5 to 7PM both days, we will have artists on hand to talk about their art which is exhibited around the room.

Wednesday evening, July 2nd, 7 to 8:30 PM, we will host a panel discussion about making museum exhibits more accessible.

Please come to all our events!

Ann Cunningham
Tactile Art - a creative way to see the world!
303 238 4760
ann at acunningham.com
http://www.acunningham.com
http://www.sensationalbooks.com