[blindkid] Chromebooks

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Sun Mar 2 02:46:29 UTC 2014

A middle school we have been researcing for our daughter is looking at outfitting all the students with Google Chromebooks. She would likely be the only blind student potentially using these. I’m very curious to know how likely we are to have problems with such a plan, though I assume we might be able to access the same information with a PC or Mac Laptop.

I recall there were some NFB issues addressed relating to Chromebooks a while back. From what I read, they do have some accessibility features, but I don't have any current access to explore any of these machines directly.

Has anyone explored these accessibility features, and can anyone compare them to JAWS on a PC, or VoiceOver on a Mac?

Thanks!