[blindkid] Music camp? Another alternative!

Crystal Schumacher crystal_schu at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 12 16:08:34 UTC 2014

Richard thank you for sharing your story. I am in shock that a public program for students would discriminate as in your case. You make an important statement about not backing down and not feeling bad. When you are alone in this type of situation, the other parties do try to make you feel bad or doubt yourself.

I wasn't sure how things worked for private camps, but clearly from the other posts I have read concerning the ADA laws, they are not allowed to do this. This camp is private, however it is taught by public school music teachers, and high school students came to my son's class to promote the camp. There is some connection. I will continue to post as we move through the process. Thank you all for the information, support, and guidance. It is good to know I am not alone!

Crystal