[blindkid] IEP advice

Marianne Denning via blindkid blindkid at nfbnet.org
Sun May 18 19:57:13 UTC 2014

The 300 minutes per week could include all of the other goals we have
been discussing.  It is helpful to know the California state standards
for math, reading and writing and relate those to his IEP goals.
Technology could also be used to do this.  If he is able to use the
computer to complete the assignments other children are doing with
pencil and paper that will mean a braillist does not have to provide
print copies of his braille documents.  That does not mean he should
not learn to write braille because the ability to write braille is
also a critical skill.  I use it daily to create documents for my
personal use.  I also agree, using the abacus is an essential skill.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053