[blindkid] Ipad only

Michelle mballard at bex.net
Wed Nov 12 21:42:47 UTC 2014

I think I-devices are great for personal use, and in addition to other Assistive technology such as Braillenote and for adults to use for reading and other accessibility apps, etc... However, for children in grade school & HS and even some in college, limiting use to only an IPad with refreshable Braille display isn't giving a blind student the best way to be independent in education. They just can't do all they need to with an IPad. I feel they Need more technology to continue to succeed and maintain and/or gain independence.

Just my thoughts as a mom to my 7th grade Braille reader/writer.

The original question was IPad only. Responding to that :)
Thanks!
Michelle