[blindkid] Having Sleep overs with Sighted Friends

Roanna Bacchus rbacchus228 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 19:57:04 UTC 2015

Dear Members,

I hope all of you are doing well.  The subject of this message
stems from an incident that occurred when I was in sixth grade.
It was the weekend of my older sister's graduation party and I
had been invited to a sleep over at the home of a sighted friend.
I asked my mom if I could go to it and she said no.  As I look
back on this incident now I don't blame my mom for not letting me
go.  She did not know anything about my sighted friend or her
family.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic.