[blindkid] Spanish Braille books for kids

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Fri Jan 9 16:09:35 UTC 2015

It's my understanding that contracted Braille for Spanish isn't much used
because the twenty or so Spanish-speaking countries have not reached an
agreement on what code to adopt.  When I taught Braille to students in
Mexico, I found that they picked it up very quickly, partly because Spanish
is such a phonetic language and partly because all they had to master was
the alphabet, the symbols for accented letters, and the punctuation and
numbers.  I taught adults who had never had any form of literacy, and they
were able to read Braille within two or three months.

Debbie