[blindkid] Which Direction Should I Go?

Evers, Melissa melissa.evers at ksb.kyschools.us
Tue Jan 20 00:39:59 UTC 2015

My suggestion is to get some assessments, functional vision learning media assessment (to see what he does with his vision functionally and what media he uses best), an orientation and mobility assessment, and a low vision assessment. The first two could be completed by the local school even if he is homeschooled. The last needs to be done by an optometrist with low vision specialization. This should answer a lot of questions.

Sent from my iPad Missey Evers, Elementary teacher
Kentucky School for the Blind

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindkid_nfbnet.org/arielle71%40gmai