[blindkid] Home economics

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Sat Jan 24 19:27:57 UTC 2015

That makes me think of a few other things.  I use a timer, smell and
sound to determine when food is done.  I believe you can get a tlking
timer from Independence Market also.  I have learned many of these
tricks over the years and, fortunately, my mother really put on her
thinking cap to come up with nonvisual ways to cook.  You can cook
anything with the right tools and knowledge.

I would also like to put a plug in for Krafters Corner.  It is an NFB
group that is for people interested in crafts.  They have sewing
classes over the phone and would be a great resource for the sewing
portion of home economics.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053