[blindkid] Input for IEP Online Public Charter School

Kristina Sawyckyj sawyckyjkristina at yahoo.com
Fri May 8 16:13:52 UTC 2015

We have used online  virtual academy that is a national public charter school in many states. In Colorado it is called COVA. We used them in 2011.

We had trouble getting the jaws and dragon dictate to work with the online curriculum so we had to quit the program after a few months.

The special educator was ok and we did get local speech and ot. Plus your child needs to be strongly motivated to participate. Our sin didn't want to participate in school in any way.

There are many online parent support groups for many of the online charter schools. I would suggest you get involved with one. They offer field trips and subjects like gym classes in the community plus support with you as a parent.

Good luck

Kristina