[blindkid] Incorporating braille at home

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Thu May 21 19:15:20 UTC 2015

Traci, The State Department has grants for students in certain
countries to receive scholarships to be exchange students and they
place an emphasis on students with disabilities.  Then the State
Department assigns those students to the different sponsoring
programs.  We go through AFS, American Field Services, for our
students.  It is an long and interesting story of how we hooked up
with visually impaired students.  Now that we are a known quantity we
have not had any problem getting students.  We are hosting our 3rd
visually impaired student and next year will be our 4th. You can get
additional information from miusa.org.  If you let me know where you
live I may be able to get you in touch with AFS in your area.  AFS is
not the only sponsoring program though.