[blindkid] How Blind Children can help with Thanksgiving Preparations

Kim Gulf Images kim at gulfimagesphoto.com
Tue Oct 27 13:29:37 UTC 2015

Thanksgiving and the holidays are great times to have fun with your blind kids. When my daughter was young she would help make the pumpkin pie, bake cookies, and wash dishes! She was great at setting the table too! Cooking is a good way to provide sensory input by feeling all the ingredients. Flour is so soft and fluffy while salt is course and sharp. Let your child explore the size of the turkey before you bake it. You can point out body parts (or lack there of!).
The NFB Independence Market has great cooking aids. Santa might want to bring some Braille measuring cups and spoons!
Kim Cunningham

Sent from my iPad