[blindkid] How Sighted Family members treat their Blind Relatives

Roanna Bacchus rbacchus228 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 19:29:03 UTC 2015

Dear Parents,

The subject of this email stems from something that happened to
me a few Summers ago.  My grandmother from Canada was vsisting us
for a few weeks.  One day when I went to heat my lunch up, she
called my older sister into the kitchen to heat my food up for
me.  After that she explained that she had forgotten that I could
heat up my food in the microwave.  My sighted family members do
not treat me like I am two years old.  Most of them have no
problem letting me do things on my own.  I find that many sighted
people want to learn about how blind individuals accomplish
certain things.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic.