[blindkid] Invitation to participate: Day of Science

cheryl cumings cscumings at comcast.net
Tue Feb 16 13:17:44 UTC 2016

Hi,

There's still time to register for this event. We hope you can join us.

Cheryl cumings

Founder/Executive Director

Our Space Our Place, Inc.

Day of Science

Date: Saturday, March 12th

Location: the New England Aquarium, 1 Center Wharf, Boston, MA.

Time: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM

This is the first workshop in a series exploring the field of Science,
Engineering, Technology and Mathematics (STEM). In the summer we will offer
a Computer Camp for anyone who is interested in the web.

-Are you curious?   Do you want to know how things work?

THEN A Day of Science is for you.

Middle- and high-school students who are blind are invited to:

. Participate in hands-on experiments

. Explore careers in STEM, interacting with scientists who are blind

. Together plan ways to continue learning and experimenting

A light breakfast and lunch will be provided.

To register please call and leave your name and phone number at:

Phone: 617) 459-4084

To request an accommodation, please let us know by Thursday February 11,
2016.

Here is a link to a message from a current scientist who is blind and why he
thinks it is important to attend the workshop:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujifjcg8jnbpj38/New%20Recording%203%20Our%20Space%
20Our%20Place%20Campaign%20Recording.m4a?dl=0