[blindkid] Successful #nfb16 Convention Reported by a 10 Year Old

Haley Dare haley.dare at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 18:50:21 UTC 2016

 Posted to NOPBC on July 6, 2016 at 9:40p...
"My friends, even though I am terrifically exhausted tonight, I simply must share what was said by Aron this afternoon. As we were unpacking and discussing our adventure, Aron said, "Mom, I think that I'm okay with being blind now that I know that there are a ton of others just like me. I know that I can do anything I want to; it might just need to be modified or I might have to do it another way. But, Mom, whenever we go out, will you wear your APH braille alphabet t-shirt so I'm reminded of it?" So, to all the people that Aron saw this week confidently carrying canes and ‪#‎living‬ the lives that they want, thank you x100. And THAT statement from a 10-year old boy epitomizes a successful convention!"