[blindkid] Ipad vs iphone

Himanshu Neema hn.nopbc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 02:33:38 UTC 2016

Steve,

Initially my daughter used an iPad. However, since she got the iPhone, she hardly uses her iPad as everything she needs is doable on iPhone and it is so much more convenient to carry and handle. Having said that there might be some apps available only on iPad. This may be due to the nature of the app like requirements of larger space and display hardware. For example, recently announced app by Apple called "Swift Playgrounds" that will help little kids learn programming skills. It is intended as an iPad only app. I'm not sure this is a great example as often programming apps like this tend to be more visual. However, as this is an Apple product, I assume (and truly hope) that it will be highly voiceover friendly. It is expected to come out in the Fall.

Of course, this is my personal opinion.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Himanshu