[blindkid] Seeking help from students in grades 4-12 at convention

Bernadette Jacobs bernienfb75 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 10:37:10 UTC 2016

Good morning Valerie.

I'm sorry I've been putting this off. However. There is something I need to explain to you, regarding Virginia.

Although Virginia is extremely articulate in conversation, she is substantially below grade level and has actually been transferred to the special level at MSB.  Unfortunately, Virginia has failed the last three years of school. So, she has age appropriate for completing the six grade. However, her academic skills are that of about a 2nd/3rd grade level. She does know contracted and on contracted braille. However, she is extremely slow and, is constantly squinting her face because she would rather reprint then braille. She still hasn't yet gotten the concept that it really is OK to be blind. She still thinks that her site is putting her advantage above any other blind person. You know how that is. For starters, we bill and I will be sending her to the big some program this summer. Maybe, next year, it will be Louisiana. Talk soon.

Bernie

Sent from my iPhone