[blindkid] March Family Information Call

melissa at riccobono.us melissa at riccobono.us
Mon Mar 7 14:24:56 UTC 2016

It's that time of year. I'm sure you're hearing things such as "Join us in
sunny Orlando for the National Convention of the National Federation of the
Blind, June 30-July 5!" Or, "Be a part of the annual conference of the
National Organization of Parents of Blind Children, which begins early in
the morning of June 30, in conjunction with the National Convention of the
National Federation of the Blind." But, what is the National Convention of
the National Federation of the Blind? What is the annual conference of the
National Organization of Parents of Blind Children? What do these events
have to offer your family?

Please join host Melissa Riccobono for our next National Organization of
Parents of Blind Children Family Information call, and get these questions,
and many more, answered! When: Wednesday, March 16, 8-9 PM Eastern Time.
Call: (712) 770-4010 Access code: 869-131.

Mark Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the Blind, will join
our call in order to give us his perspective on the value of the National
Convention for all members of families of blind children. We are very
excited to have President Riccobono on our call; we are pleased that
families will be able to get to meet and know him. We will also be joined by
a parent of a blind child who will share her experiences as a newcomer to
the National Convention in 2015. Call in. Listen, Learn. Ask questions. And
then, make plans to join us at the National Convention of the National
Federation of the Blind!

---