[blindkid] Which conference?

melissa at riccobono.us melissa at riccobono.us
Tue Mar 8 12:49:28 UTC 2016

Hello Traci,
I am working on workshops for the parents at the convention, and there is a wonderful group of people planning youth track activities for kids ages 11-18. Convention will offer so much--it always does. There is a Style show where blind kids can model an outfit on a runway. There will most likely be hands on science activities, tactile art, and much more. As plans become firmed up in the next month or so, we will definitely be posting agendas for the parent seminar and also Youth Track here on the list. Also, on March 16, we will be having a conference call where we will be discussing the convention and all it has to offer families.
If you are planning to come to the national convention, make sure you arrive June 29. That way you will be able to be ready to hit the ground running with the parent conference which begins early on the morning of June 30. (The Youth Track activities begin then as well.)

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I hope to meet you and your daughter in Orlando!
Melissa