[blindkid] Next Family Information Call

melissa at riccobono.us melissa at riccobono.us
Tue Mar 29 14:07:56 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

This announcement went out to members of all of our lists, and it is out on
Facebook. But, since this call is so valuable to families of blind kids, I
thought I would post it one more time to this list.

Please join us for our April Family Informational Call, brought to you by
the National Organization of Parents Of Blind Children (NOPBC)

Your host Terri Rupp, along with her guests Natalie Shaheen and Kayleigh
Joiner will be discussing the Educational Programs of the National
Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute.

Natalie currently serves at the National Center for Blind Youth in Science
(NCBYS) Project Director for the National Federation of the Blind. Natalie
is a special educator and a teacher of the blind by training. She is
currently pursuing her doctorate in instructional technology; her research
interests center on K-12 instructional technology accessibility (for
students with disabilities).

Kayleigh, daughter of Kim Cunningham NOPBC President, is a blind teacher.
She has worked the Texas Bell Academy since it started, teaching Braille,
the importance of non visual techniques, and most importantly serves as a
wonderful positive blind role model to blind children.

When?

Wednesday, April 20th at 8:00PM Eastern 5:00PM Pacific.

How to participate?

Dial in number; 712-770-4010

access code; 869131#

We hope to have many new and returning families listening in on the call.

---