[blindkid] Developing Story: Tablet With Full-Screen Braille Display

Kane Brolin kbrolin65 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 17:55:11 UTC 2016

I sent this to several NFB-centered mailing lists native to the region
of the country where I live.  But I figure that blind parents such as
myself and certainly blind children everywhere would be all over
this--not to mention teachers.  The big deal, if this could be made
cost-effectively, is that this would give access to graphics in
refreshable Braille.

As far as I know, the Holy Braille is not yet commercially viable.
But it is in development just up the road a piece from where I am
located, at the University of Michigan.  Maybe something the Jernigan
Institute could help to test, to fund, or to promote?

This links to a brief video presentation, first tweeted I think by
National Braille Press, but subsequently picked up by The Huffington
Post. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/holy-braille-tablet_us_57c44800e4b026734450f4b1