[blindkid] Seeking Presenter for NFBMI State Convention

Haley Dare haley.dare at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 13 16:59:14 UTC 2017

Good day, everyone!
MiPOBC (Michigan Parents of Blind Children) has noticed that we have many new families who are raising blind babies and toddlers.  These parents need encouragement and information to dispel their fears about blindness and to help them become strong advocates for their growing blind/VI children.
We would like to find a presenter, blind or sighted, who would enjoy chatting with these parents during a break-out session at the NFB Michigan State Convention, November 3-5, 2017 in Kalamazoo, Michigan.  We would like the presenter to teach parents of blind babies/toddlers how to use a commonsense approach to find services/events, the Early Intervention process, provide ideas for toys, and share stories, etc.

If you have a passion for helping parents of blind babies/toddlers and would like to be a presenter, please contact Haley Dare, President, at parents at nfbmi.org or 269-779-2216.  Thank you.