[blindkid] Resturant Mobile App for Low and No Vision Kids and Grownups

Helen Fernety helen.fernety at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 03:08:49 UTC 2017

Hi from Little Rock, Arkansas. I’m an IT chick and a mommy with a passion for accessibility. 18 months ago I set out to find out what technology my team and I could create to make life a little easier for folks with low and no vision. We have been working with local parents and World Services for the Blind students to create something we are calling Menus4ALL.

Menus4ALL will be a mobile app you can use on smart phones or tablets to find restaurants nearby with menus that at are specially developed to work with voiceover and voiceover specific gestures. And it great independence tool for kids.

Currently we are working to collect a minimum of 50 restaurants in Central Arkansas to kick this off for the entire US. We would love your help spreading the word about this project and getting excitement fired up. It will take about $10,000 to build the app. We will need a lot more to get the business scaled up to the entire United States. In Feb and March we are hosting an online fundraiser at IndieGoGo to raise $10,000. Or maybe more if people love Menus4ALL ! We will be asking for donations of $1, $5, $10, $20 or more.

Feb 3 can you help spread the word?  If so, email me or look for an email Jan 31 with details you can send to friends and family.  Together we can make this happen !

Investor Video - https://www.facebook.com/menus4all/videos/2028536504039696/ <https://www.facebook.com/menus4all/videos/2028536504039696/>
Website - http://menus4all.com <http://menus4all.com/>/listings/index.html

Thank you,
Helen Fernety