[blindkid] College Mentoring

Alan Chase aachase at ncsu.edu
Wed Mar 22 01:51:30 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I'm Dr. Alan Chase and I wanted to extend to you a great opportunity for
mentors and mentees.  The EYE Retreat is a week-long summer camp in
Raleigh, NC geared toward helping students with visual impairments
successfully transition to college.  If you attend as a group leader or
participant, we cover all your meals for the week, travel within Raleigh
for the program, and sleeping accommodations.  This is a value of about
$300.00!  You do need to provide your own transportation to and from
Raleigh, NC.

Our program is based on research based best practices.  We pair current
college students with visual impairments with other students with visual
impairments who are aspiring to attend college.  We have big plans in the
future too!  We are seeking grant funding to provide year-long mentoring
opportunities.  2018 will be our tenth year of service.

Slots for 2017 are filling up.  Don't miss your chance to join us as a
participant or a mentor.

Check our website at www.eyeretreat.org for more information.  Like our
facebook page at www.facebook.com/eyeretreat.  Follow us on Twitter at
www.twitter.com/eyeretreat.