[blindkid] perkins job fair

adrijana prokopenko adrijana.prokopenko at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 14:38:27 UTC 2017

Job Fair for Individuals with Visual Impairments
A job seeker talks to a manager, both smiling.
October 25, 2017 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study at Harvard University
3 James Street
Knafel Center/Gymnasium
Cambridge, MA02138
United States
Cost: Free
Join us at the 7th Annual Job Fair for Individuals with Visual Impairments.
This unique, free event will connect you to an untapped pool of
candidates and prepare you to employ workers who are visually
impaired.
At Perkins, we know that people who are blind or visually impaired are
just as qualified for the world of work as their sighted peers. And
yet any adults who are blind find themselves out of work and unable to
secure an interview despite their capabilities. On October 25 we will
bring these qualified candidates face to face with recruiters and
representatives from dozens of respected nonprofits and businesses.
The result is an afternoon of proactive networking and conversation,
where candidates are judged by their knowledge and experience, not
their disability.
Employer Registration »
Job Seeker Registration »
For more information contact Karen McCormack, Job Developer for
Educational Programs at Perkins School for the Blind at 617-972-7381
or Karen.McCormack at Perkins.org.