[blindkid] Questions for IEP

Carol Castellano carol.joyce.castellano at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 17:09:43 UTC 2017

Hi Judy,

Is this a "big" IEP in the sense that new evaluations have been done?  If
yes, have you had a chance to see the results yet?  I always wanted to see
them in advance so that we would feel broad-sided at the meeting with
something negative.

How do you think your daughter is doing in school?  Is she meeting last
year's IEP goals?  Have the goals been appropriate?  Do you feel the school
has been provided good, appropriate services?

Will you have a chance to see the IEP in advance?  It is not supposed to be
presented to you as a done deal--it is supposed to be collaboratively
created by all members of the team, including parents :-).

If you see the IEP in advance or for the first time at the meeting, do the
goals seem appropriate?  Do you have other goals you'd like the school to
be working on?  If yes, bring them to the meeting.

Hope this is helpful.

Carol

Carol Castellano
Parents of Blind Children-NJ