[blindkid] music book

rjaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 15 17:04:00 UTC 2017

Hello:

     If the textbook has music notation in it, trying to make an accessible
form other than braille or large print would be difficult. The narrative
parts could be read by JAWS but the music couldn't. There is a code for
braille music and courses to learn the code. I suggest you contact Dancing
Dots at www.dancingdots.com.
When I studied music in college some years ago, I borrowed a music book from
what is now Learning Ally. The reader read the book and when a musical
example occurred, she played it on a piano.

     The use of an inaccessible website is a violation of section 504. As an
interim measure, your daughter may need to use a sighted reader to help her
with it.

Regards,

Robert