[BlindKid] New York Parents of Blind Children Convention Sponcership!

maurakut at buffalo.edu maurakut at buffalo.edu
Mon Sep 19 13:01:43 UTC 2022

Greetings: IT'S CONVENTION TIME IN NEW YORK!

And Guess what:

The New York Parents of Blind Children (NYPBC), is offering one New York
family the opportunity to attend our state convention in Buffalo as our
guest! That's right our guest. Interested? Read on!

You say you've never attended a state convention? You say doing so might not
be affordable? You say you are keenly interested? Wonderful, read on because
you are the kind of family we are seeking. But what does being our "guest,"
mean! Or:

What's in the box?

. Convention Registration;

. Two nights accommodation at our Suburban Buffalo Convention Hotel;

. Two tickets to the Convention Banquet;

. free childcare throughout the convention.

. a visa gift card for incidentals!

This package, a more than $500 value is made possible by the generous and
enthusiastic participation of those who attended our fun-filled and
over-flow Karaoke fundraiser at the Gypsy Parlor in Buffalo in mid-July. We
are grateful to everyone who made that event a SMASHING success with their
generous contributions.

NYPBC, a growing and flourishing division of the National Federation of the
Blind of New York, is connected to a network of strong, confident, and
successful blind people. Members of the NFB know that blindness does not
hold us back.

Every day, NYPBC works to raise expectations for blind children. Why?
Because we know that low expectations are the biggest barrier between blind
children and their dreams.

We invite families to come to the New York State Convention of the National
Federation of the Blind and experience our advocacy in action!

The reasons to attend are countless; here are just a few:

.Attendees will have access to our group and division meetings, where NFB
leaders will conduct business and provide enriching programming on all
things "blind swag.";

.There will be general sessions where sponsors and presenters will update
the convention assembled on happenings in the world of blindness;

.Conventioneers will also be able to visit our exhibit hall where merchants
will have fun and practical gizmos and gadgets on display!

And you won't want to miss our annual banquet where attendees can celebrate
our year of accomplishments. At that special dinner our national
representative Norma Crosby, having traveled from Texas to Buffalo,  will
speak!

In addition, you just might be a lucky winner of any number of our fantastic
door prizes and the winners of our annual merit scholarship will be
announced.

Interested? Of course you are!

The deadline to apply for the NYPBC sponsorship is Friday October 7th. The
convention runs from Friday October 21 to Sunday, October 23.

For more information contact Maura Kutnyak, President, New York Parents of
Blind Children:

(716) 563-9882 or by email at: maurakut at buffalo.edu
<mailto:maurakut at buffalo.edu>

We'll see you in Buffalo come Friday, October 21.

With Warm Regards,

Maura Kutnyak