[blindlaw] (no subject)

AZNOR99 at aol.com AZNOR99 at aol.com
Mon Dec 8 00:06:38 UTC 2008

Hmmm,  Wonder why I never got your message.

I'd say to go to _www.uscis.gov_ (http://www.uscis.gov)  and read  everything
that's there first.  Then go to the forms page and download all  the
instructions to all the forms.  Pay particular attention to the Visa  applications,
Naturalization, and the forms that range from I-129 through  I-134.  Pay
particular attention to I-485.  For Asylum, you'll want to  probably buy a book.
Also, consider getting a LegalLines or some other  outline book for Immigration
Law and Policy (available at most law  schools).  Finally, do a google search
on whatever particular area you want  to work on, e.g. Visas for Religious
Workers, and see what you find.

If you get a removal case, we'll want to talk, as those are much more
complicated with much higher stakes.  But remember that immigration is  largely a
battle of forms.  You need to impress an immigration officer, so  good,
thorough, comprehensive documentation with the initial application is  key.
Immigration litigation before an immigration judge is more  complicated, but it's
mostly done through your exhibit and not as much through  oral argument.

I don't use a hard and fast manual.  But you can try to contact some  of the
immigration law clinics in your area and see what they might have for  you.

Good luck,
Ronza

In a message dated 12/7/2008 4:34:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,