[blindlaw] Format Question

craig.borne at dot.gov craig.borne at dot.gov
Mon Dec 8 20:43:42 UTC 2008

Section 508 is strictly "Electronic and Information Technology" and
would not apply in this situation.

More likely, Section 504, which applies to program access, would be
applicable here.  Of course, access to the SSA website, electronic
documentation, and other technological apparatus is important, but if
the SSA doesn't send electronic notices to clients, then they don't
necessarily have to do it for blind clients under Section 508.  Section
504 is a totally different matter, one that Jim discussed perfectly.

Best,
Craig

Craig Borne, Esq.
NHTSA/DOT