[blindlaw] Loan Forgiveness Programs

Carrie Ann Lucas clucas at disabilitypride.com
Fri Nov 7 16:22:36 UTC 2008

The Florida Bar Foundation has one of the best LRAP programs in the country.
I know legal aid attorneys receive help, I don't know if other public
interest attorneys can access it.

Fellowship programs like Equal Justice Works and Skadden have LRAP programs
for fellows. Some law schools have their own LRAP programs for graduates
doing public interest work.

Unless you are doing public interest work, I don't know of any LRAP programs
for folks.

There is a new federal loan forgiveness program, but I don't know its
applicability to people with older loans.

Carrie Ann Lucas
Director Center for Rights of Parents with Disabilities
Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition
655 Broadway, Suite 775
Denver, CO 80203
303.839.1775 (main and messages)