[blindlaw] LSAT Acommodation Follow-up

E.J. Zufelt everett at zufelt.ca
Sat Nov 15 05:05:03 UTC 2008

Good evening Joe,

After hearing all of the horror stories I was a bit nervous when applying
for an LSAC accommodation.  However, I was pleasantly surprised at how easy
it was to get my accommodation.

1. I applied for the LSAC.

2. I took the accommodation forms to an optomotrist, I haven't had my own
optholmologist in a few years.

3. I told the generic optomotrist what accommodations I needed.  He thought
it was reasonable and approved it on the form.

4. I sent in the form and within 2 weeks I was approved.

The only difficulty I ran into was that they wanted me to go to an LSAT
testing centre that was in another state (actually another country).  I
wanted to take the test in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada.  They
suggested somewhere in the state of Maine.  So, I contacted the University
of New Brunswick's Student Accessibility Centre.  Once I confirmed that they
would work with the testing program at the University campus in Fredericton
to provide a reader I contacted LSAC again and they very quickly changed my
testing location to Fredericton, the location I had originally requested.

HTH,
Everett