[blindlaw] Attorney needed

Philip Breeze pebreeze at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 22:38:53 UTC 2008

My son is congenitally blind.  He is 6 years old and we recently applied for
admission to a public school for the blind.  He was rejected from admission
for unfounded reasons.  We have repeatedly demanded proof of the schools
findings and have received no proof to date.  They have also labeled my
child as mentally retarded and he has never been given a psychiatric
evaluation or been seen by this schools evaluators.  We have letters from
doctors and educators proving that he has no mental retardation.  This has
been on going for the past 8 months.  The State Department of Education has
ordered the school's administration to reveal their findings and the school
has not and refuses to.  They have no proof because they made up the reasons
for rejection.  We have been given a case for Due Process and we need an
attorney that can help represent us.  Please email me if you can point us in
the right direction, thank you.