[blindlaw] question for paralegals

Charles Krugman ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 25 02:03:48 UTC 2008

I am a certificated paralegal that is thinking about proceeding with a law
degree on line. As a paralegal in a traditional setting I work under the
direction of an attorney and duties could include performing research
drafting documents etc. As a paralegal I can in some instances represent
people in administrative law hearings such as SSA hearings and other similar
hearings. Additionally, in some states paralegals who meet criteria can
perform work for the general public. Here in California these paralegals are
registered with each county as Legal document assistants or unlawful
detainer assistants. In this capacity I would be able to prepare and file
documents for the public with the court but not provide any type of legal
advice.
Feel free to contact me off list with specific questions. Chuck Krugman,
M.S.W., Paralegal
1237 P Street
Fresno ca 93721
5590-266-9237