[blindlaw] taking the bar exam with jaws

Ben Karpilow benkarpilow at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 17:09:38 UTC 2009

Hello all, my name is Benjamin Karpilow. I'm new to this list. I am a 4th year law student at Empire College School of Law  in Santa Rosa, California, and will be graduated this June. I have signed up to take the July California Bar Examination. I became visually impaired in 2003 and am not a proficient enough braille user to take the barr exam in this manner. Instead, I'd  like to take it using Jaws. Does anyone have any experience taking the bar using Jaws. Also   do the bar examiners allow test takers to use Jaws for one section, but not another, i.e., OK for essay questions but not the performance exam. Responses from those who have taken the california bar would be most helpful, but I welcome feedback from past bar takers from all jurisdictions.  Regards,

Ben

Benjamin K. Karpilow
benkarpilow at gmail.com
707-548-8555