[blindlaw] Employment Question

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 08:03:08 UTC 2009

Nope, but it is lucrative.  Not to the "spy", but to the employer of
said person.  But the job has other perks!  If you're lucky, you'll
be given state of the art gadgets--for example, a pen that secretly
has the ability to write in ink on a piece of paper.

My point was that a little healthy paranoia is a good idea in some
industries.  The point is to maintain security without making your
employees feel like Big Brother is watching.

As to your boss reading personal mail, I am fairly sure that it is
quite illegal to tamper with US mail once it ends up in a mailbox.
What I don't know is whether or not it ever got there, as far as the
law is concerned.

Joseph