[blindlaw] Blind Paralegal

WB mruniverse08 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 21:45:31 UTC 2009

Hello All.

Can anyone offer suggestions as to how to begin freelancing?  I have tried
the obvious methods of offering to provide a set amount of free services for
a reference letter and/or referrals.  I've also contacted many of the old
attorneys I've worked for with no luck.  I've only worked for two small
firms and they are fully staffed or don't have enough work to allow me to
do.  The other firms I've worked for are much larger and they do not
outsource work and I did not have a close relationship with attorneys I
worked for in order to get referrals.

My only other thought is to create some type of correspondence to the local
bar associations, which tend to have many of the smaller firm attorneys
there, to offer the same deal I have to the attorneys I worked for.

Any other suggestions?  I'm finding many people don't want to give a blind
paralegal a second thought where I am.

William