[blindlaw] Texas Landlord-Tenant Question

WB mruniverse08 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 21:11:54 UTC 2009

Greetings All!  I hope your Monday is going well.

I have a question.  This is going to be based on Texas law if anyone can
help.

I have an apartment complex that took two months to fix a non-working
toilet.  It's been almost three months since the hot water has worked on one
of the sinks.  There has been a clear breach of the lease on the apartment
complex's part regarding property security procedures.  A toilet started
leaking and the problem was reported on a Friday evening and they said they
wouldn't send anyone until Monday, even though they knew the leakage had
gone to the downstairs area.  After repeated calls, they finally sent
someone to stop the leak on Saturday night.

A letter has been drafted regarding security issues and I am trying to get
out of my lease because of these ongoing problems.  Are there any
suggestions as it relates to Texas law or general common snese to make this
happen without being charged any reletting fees or having this placed on my
rental history as a broken lease?

Thanks for any suggestions.

William