[blindlaw] LSAT Accommodations

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 02:32:50 UTC 2009

I've been working off of old exams.  So far I've only been working out the
problems, not timing myself, but come September I hope to put myself on a
more regular schedule to do timed practices.  My weakest area are the logic
puzzles, and for this I've been trying out different ways of setting up the
problem on my Perkins.  Otherwise I spend time reading various discussion
forums.  I find the comments useful for real insight into the exam, study
strategies and the admissions process at different schools.  The only series
of books I've purchased are the Power Score LSAT bibles.  With the exception
of the logic games, I think the books are well written and excellent
resources, and the only reason the logic games volume is not as great has
more to do with the frequency of diagrams than anything else.

Good luck to all headed for the torture chamber that is the LSAT exam, and
let's try to keep each other updated on the accommodations process.  I'm
sorry to hear this is and has happened to others, but it is awkwardly
comfortable to know I am not the only one because perhaps this means there
is reason to help them change their practices.  I followed Ronza's
suggestion about writing my college about the IEP issue.  When I called the
LSAC they told me to disregard the psychoeducation evaluation piece.  I wish
they would also disregard the SAT scores, because it's going to be three to
five weeks for the College Board to pull my score report from their
archives.  If I didn't feel old before, I feel old now.

Joe Orozco

"A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the
crowd."--Max Lucado