[blindlaw] ADA and Air Travel

Sarah Clark goldflash9 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 1 23:59:26 UTC 2009

Hello Patrick,
I have traveled alone a few times in recent years and have been able to be
accompanied to the gate by someone who is not a ticketed passenger.  The
person checks in with me at the ticket counter and is given a special pass
to get through security.  I don't know whether this is a TSA regulation or
something instituted by the airlines themselves, but I've done it with
several airlines.

I haven't tried to have someone meet me at the gate at the other end, so I
have no experience of whether they do this.  I just ask the person meeting
me at my destination to meet me at the security checkpoint and I have a
skycap escort me there.

Sarah Clark