[blindlaw] ADA and Air Travel

Ben Karpilow benkarpilow at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 03:08:46 UTC 2009

Hello fello listers,

first of all, I'm happy to report I passed the july 2009 california bar
examination on my first attempt. I managed to secure an electronic version
of the MBE's thanks to a pilot program run by the NCBE. I understand a
lawsuit has been filed on behalf of a blind law student to make this
accomidation available as a matter of law to qualified bar candidates. I
understand  the plaintiff is is being represented by a fellow lister.Good
luck, and please keep us updated as to developments  in this case.

On the subject of air travel, I recall there being an extensive document
posted not too long ago on this list which contained precisely the type of
information that was the subject of Mr. Weisberg's original inquiry. Perhaps
it would be helpful for the original sender, whose name I cannot remember,
to repost the information.

Finally, a practice question along the lines of one recently asked by Rod :
when it comes to filling out forms, does anyone have experience with
software that would enable one to digitize a form, i.e., scan it into a
computer, then fill it out and print it, without altering the form's
original format or look. Also, does any such software allow the user to read
the form, in addition to what he/ she has written? Thank you in advance for
your responces.

Ben Karpilow