[blindlaw] Blind Paralegal Looking for Work...Yet Again

Ben Karpilow benkarpilow at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 22:35:44 UTC 2009

I'm a big fan of networking. If you know any lawyers socially, start with
them. If you have friends or family in the area, ask them whether they know
any lawyers, then contact those lawyers as a friend or relative of whoever
it was that mentioned their name. This will create added pressure to give
you the time of day since there's a personal connection involved. Then, keep
contacting those lawyers, ask them who they know, who they can refer you to,
etc. You may even want to consider doing some volunteer work so people can
see the quality of your work without  going out of pocket. Then, once they
see your quality, and that you're capable of doing the job, they may feel
more inclined to offer you steady, paying work. These are just suggestions,
and I hope they help. Keep  plugging away and hang in there.  Sincerely,

Ben Karpilow