[blindlaw] Intro and request for assistance

tammy cantrell t.l.cantrell at comcast.net
Wed Dec 30 19:57:41 UTC 2009

Hello!
My name is Tammy.  I was referred to this list because I am trying to help a College student with a challenging problem.  I do look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.  I will just copy my email that got me pointed in your direction.  Thanks so much for your help!
Hello!
I am looking for some input on behalf of a College student.  I will share her story and hopefully somebody would offer some suggestions or a resource.

This student is blind and is currently working on a bachelor's degree in Political Science.  Her plans are to become a lawyer.  She has tried to participate in Mock Trials but has met up with problems.  The professor says she can only be the witness but because she is blind she can not be the lawyer.  He says since she can't quickly read through the documents, she will not be able to question the witness and present her case.

This student has high expectations for herself and I hate to see her fall short of her goals because of discrimination or ignorance.

I have been given permission to share her email address;
soldiergirl2010 at aol.com

If you would be willing to share ideas with her, it would be so very much appreciated!  If you don't have ideas and know somebody that might, please pass this on to them.  Your help is greatly needed.

Thanks for all of your help!
Smile! GOD loves you!