[blindlaw] job discrimination

Michael Fry mikefry79 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 16:34:20 UTC 2009

I'm really sorry to hear this James.  At times it can be a very tough for
people like us.  I want you to know that you're not alone.  Keep a stiff
upper lip and a positive attitude, I'm sure something better will come
along.  I don't have much legal advice for you.

Right now NFB's number one priority should be helping us personally to take
advantage of the Fed stimulus plan.  NFB should be having on-line workshops,
or distributing daily newsletters advising visually impaired people about
the best ways to seek gainful employment by taking advantage of the
recent massive infusion of federal funds into the economy.  For example,
where was the money most distributed too?  Should we applying for state,
county, or municipal jobs?  What non-profits received federal funds?  What
agencies practice affirmative action and received federal funds?  Where's
the money going?  Which businesses that are receivng money will be the most
likely to hire visually impaired people?  How to use disability affirmative
action to our advantage?

I think there's a tremendous opportunity for us, that we should now
be seizing.