[blindlaw] job discrimination

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 24 05:20:13 UTC 2009

Additionally, if you are wanting to register to qualify for economic job
stimulus jobs it would be a good idea to register with local employment and
training programs in your area. Usually employers that receive tax credits
for hiring post their jobs through state employment services or local work
force development boards. Unfortunately, many local funded programs such as
work force investment programs have not always done adequate outreach to
blind people and others with disabilities although they are mandated to do
so. On the other hand state departments of rehab or commissions don't have
that great a track record for individual job development either.
Chuck