[blindlaw] SSI payments

Mark BurningHawk stone_troll at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 26 17:43:16 UTC 2009

In my case, I had an education from Dartmouth before realizing that I
would have quite a large outstanding debt from Stafford loans.  I
didn't really understood what that meant until I hit the real world
and started paying bills.  It was at about this time that I confirmed
my own theory about the uselessness of my education and the rampancy
of unemployment, especially for a young blind guy with too much talent
and not nearly enough tact.  If I, at age 19 or 20, before graduating,
had realized the ramifications, I wouldn't have signed the paper
stating that I'd pay them back.  However, for whatever reason, I
didn't realize it, and now I am poorer than ever and have about the
same amount of debt as I did 18 years ago upon graduation.  I'm not
interested in a debate about why this is or whose responsibility for
which thing is whose; I just asked a question which could very
immediately impact me, if ever the William D. Ford loan people decide
to get nasty ... nastier...